Sunday, October 30, 2005

there's no place like home...

As promised, here are pictures of my Dorothy costume:




Unfortunately, I didn't get a really great picture of the ruby slippers, but they were fun and sparkly and I got a ton of compliments on them. Some people even stopped me during the parade to ask how I made them!

I know the gloves aren't very true to the movie, but it was 40 degrees outside and I was freezing. But what's the point of slaving away on a costume if you're just going to cover it up with a coat?

I had a blast. :) I was a big hit with the under 10 girls and the over 30 boys. Yay and ick, respectively. :-P Let me know what you think!

Knitting Pattern of the Day: Felted Wine Bottle Cozies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures of an awesome costume! You did a great job of it! I hear you about the whole coat thing, though I do hope you'll get away with not getting sick because of the lack of warmth.
Cool stuff under that link you gave, by the way. I didn't realize that Country Living had knitting stuff in it.