Friday, December 01, 2006

YAY!

Swap: Christmas Stocking Swap 2
Recieved from: MissMeShell

I can't say enough about how much I love this package, or how much Meshell totally spoiled me. You can check out her blog here. She is amazingly talented, and I am very envious of her eye for colors and pattern.

Isn't the stocking fabulous? I love all the different fabrics she used. And the shape is so...Seussian! It's funny, we both sent curly-toed elf stockings with pointed cuffs. :) I'm going to put it on my office door, to bring some much needed Christmas spirit to my drab workplace.

I absolutely adore this wreath. It's based on one from my wists. All the different trims and buttons lend such a great retro feel. Must find the *perfect* place for this.
Wreath from MissMeShell
This wristlet is the perfect size for a night out: just big enough for keys, wallet, and my new awesome cell phone. Again with the wonderful fabrics...I spy some Denise Schmidt! *drool* Also based on something from my wists. Meshell did such a great job of picking some truly awesome goodies to make!
IMG_2377
I've always been a big fan of Meshell's wrapped canvases, so I'm thilled to now be the owner of not one, but *two*! The little owlie is adorable. The larger canvas has a spot of honor in my bedroom.
IMG_2376
Yay! Recipies! They all sound delicious, but the anzac biscuits and the quiches have majorly piqued my interest. And what pretty recipe cards!
IMG_2378
Ok, now this is the deer that she says she doesn't like. I, however, LOVE it! It is so kitschy I can hardly stand it. It reminds me of some Christmas deer my grandparents used to put up during the holidays.
IMG_2381
Some *very* pretty log cabin coasters. I feel like I need to invite people over right now, just so I can entertain and use these little pretties!
IMG_2385
When I read the note she included with my package, I was astounded to find that she painted these lovely coasters herself! I just assumed that they were store bought. The patterns are from vintage fabrics. Brown + blue = love. :)
IMG_2387
At last, a MissMeShell pincusion for my very own!! Love the fabric.
IMG_2396
Here are some great ornaments that will be hanging on my tree this year. The blue one matches the deer, and the fabric one matches my stocking! I love the little Santa and candycane.
IMG_2382
Hee hee...these patches are too funny! My mom and sister (both knitters) are jealous. Also, some cute stickers and a Santa box.
IMG_2391
FABRIC! Oh, goodness, what lovely prints! The silky pink fabric just might become a dress for my Blythe. I'm going to use the cottons as a part of my secret quilt. Shhh...
IMG_2389
Here are bits and bobs: some cute covered buttons, and ribbon.
IMG_2390
Meshell also sent me an Australian postcard with a nice letter on the back, and two CD's. One is a fantastic Christas CD, and the other is Australian music. What a neat idea!
IMG_2388
This 'Queen bitch' book is great! Each of the pages have a different funny saying on them. This one's my favorite! ;D
IMG_2383
Some more Aussie souvenirs: a kangaroo, and a pen. The thrifted green yarn is *the* perfect shade of green.
IMG_2397
Some Australian coins that I requested. One of their coins has a platypus on it! *dies*
IMG_2393
And last but not least....CANDY! Embarassingly enough, about half of this is GONE now that I have taken pictures. YUM!
IMG_2395
Thank you so much, Meshell...this was such an amazing swap!!

No comments: