Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dress Update & Scarf Distractions

EEK!
This gaping maw is the current state of the zipper in the back of my dress. I had to take in several inches on the waist, so it's a huge mess. It fits SO much better now that the zipper's in, but it needs some serious fixing. I put it aside so I wouldn't tear it apart, and instead worked on this...

A slightly modified scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Yay Noro! I used three odds-and-ends balls I had lying around. I love how it turned out. The pattern was written for a child, but I am enamored with bright colors so I adult-isized it. Cast on a few more stitches, and just knit till I ran out of yarn.

And a bonus shot of me looking smarmy! Unrelated-ly, I'm toying with the idea of cutting my hair off, back into a chin-length bob. We shall see...

Fellow knitters, I have a confession to make. I am finished knitting my Starsky sweater. Embarassingly, it's been finished and waiting to be blocked for several weeks now. I always seem to lose steam at this step in the process. It looks so great, but I can't help but cringe every time I look at it, because of my serious neglect. Must...kick...self...in the pants....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! I read that bit "written for a child" as literal. I was thinking I need a knitting pattern like that to learn from... oh goodness it is early and I haven't had my tea yet. Wise move moving away from the dress at such a critical stage, well done. On the Posh Spice Chin bob from someone who recently chopped, becareful that you won't miss being able to tie it back if that is your thing! best of luck.

Anonymous said...

*kicks you into gear* Block it already, so you can wear it proudly and show it off ^_~

I love the scarf!

lol I, too, took that literally, miss dot ^_~, so don't feel too badly.