Tuesday, September 12, 2006

At last!

Swap: Friend Of Craftster Round 4
Sent To: kittykill!

The first (small) package I sent to Pam included about a dozen different sized handmade note cards, and a stuffed fawn from her wists.

Most of the note cards had a brown and pink theme, because it’s her favorite color combination. A few were Hello Kitty, another favorite of hers.

The fawn was really really fun to make, from a pattern I found online. It was made of brown and pink fleece, and a little bit of glitter felt.

For package two (large), I came up with an ‘embroidery organization’ theme. I bought a pink organizer at JoAnn’s, and customized it with some brown and pink fabric. Then, I made a matching pincushion, a zip pouch with vinyl pockets, and an embroidery transfer pencil case. As a finishing touch, I included some Hello Kitty baggies that I found at Wal-Mart. They were just the right size to hold a small embroidery project.



Package three was supposed to be a surprise. So I made her a squid purse from her wists. It was my fist time seriously working with vinyl, and I really struggled with my machine. Note to self: buy a Teflon foot, dummy! I think it turned out super cute, though. I’ll admit, my color choice was a bit unfortunate. My family thought it looked like a certain part of the male anatomy (before it was finished), so they started calling it the ‘squeenis’ purse. But*in the end, I think it gave the purse some charm.

Package four was supposed to be a store bought item, and a note explaining who you were. I sent some really cute Laura Ashley stationery.

All in all, I had a great time in this swap! I love secret swaps. My partner was mucho fun to stalk on the boards. I can’t wait for Round Five!

Other swaps I’m interested in:
- Christmas stocking swap. Pretty self explanatory. I love that you have to wait until Christmas morning to open everything.
- 12 Days of Christmas swap. For this one, you send your partner 12 gifts for the twelfth day, 11 gifts for the eleventh day, and so on and so forth. I’ve already got some great ideas brewing for this one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That fawn so got wisted! It's adorable!!! Kittykill is one lucky gal! I had seen the bag before on craftster, but for some reason didn't make the connection lol. Good job though!
And yes, I'm looking forward to the 12 Days of Christmas swap as well! Sooooo many possibilities

Gloria Quincy said...

Wow, that is some awesome stuff you made! That fawn is so cute.