Tuesday, May 02, 2006

jabba the hutt wristlet

I've been participating in ongoing swaps on craftster, which have a really cool format. Basically, someone posts a list of what they want, then you claim one of their requests, then you get to post your own list and someone picks you. And on, and on, and on.

I've gotten to make some really neat stuff through this swap, but this is by far my favorite:



Hopefully you can recognize it...if not, it's Jabba the Hutt! [From Star Wars.] It only ended up taking a week to get to England, and that's pretty awesome. I took the first one, and the second is what she posted in the gallery.

I'm really starting to get the hang of this embroidery thing. I think I'm going to try a portrait next. Maybe Ziggy Stardust? We'll see.

I'm also working on Knitty's 'Soleil,' using purple cotton/acrylic blend that I ganked from a thrift store sweater. It is knitting up very nicely. I'll post pictures when it's a bit more formidable.

Here's a swap package I recieved from Batgirl: it's my needle felting kit!


Contents:
- wicked sharp, barbed felting needles
- a case for said needles
- instructions for a first project (which I completed...it's a gift, though, so I covered it up in Photoshop)
- 6 different colors of roving
- great smelling soap for soap felting!

I was waay spoiled. Thanks so much, batgirl!

My other two swap packages are being sent to my home address, so I won't get them until later this week. Campus mail is notoriously unreliable during move-out week. Speaking of which, my last act as a college student will be at 4:40 pm, when I take my last final exam ever. Wish me luck! Then...I'm outta here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

And yes, you lucked out once again on the swap thing ^_^.
Cool little bag though, and yes, Jabba's recognizable ^_~