Sunday, November 20, 2005

BIG update

I finally got around to photographing 12 projects that have been done but not posted. They're in rough chronological order. I apologize for funny poses (I have zero attention span) and picture overload.

A quick disclaimer: I am/was not drunk, stoned, or insane when any of these pictures were taken, no matter *what* they seem to insinuate. Let's chalk it up to the fact that I'm a dreadful model and I turn into a deer in headlights whenever a camera's around. Now...on to the stuff! :)

This is my first knitting project *ever.* It's a simple basketweave scarf done in three skeins of Noro Kureyon (100% wool). It was a bit pricey for a learning project, but it turned out very well. My mom and sister coached me through this scarf, which I worked on while we were in Canada. Finished Summer '03.

I made this scarf up, using a fan-and-feather lace pattern. I used the leftover purple mohair from my Colinette AbFab throw, and some blue mohair that my mom had lying around. Very pretty, but it sheds like woah. Finished Winter '03.

Another scarf, from this Multidirectional Scarf pattern. It's a really interesting technique: you knit on the bias to create gradated triangles. Used 2 or 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden, which is a dream to work with. Finished Winter '03.

A scarf and hat set, using a thick white/tan Sirdar wool and a tan ribbon yarn held together. My sister calls this my 'condom hat' because with the rolled brim and point at the top, and she says it looks like one. Much to my dismay, she's probably right. Still, it's toasty warm and very comfy. Finished Summer '04.

A very ambitious first sweater. Made with a Sirdar pattern and 100% Ontario wool, this sweater took FOREVER to finish. It's not as fitted as I would have liked, but that's probably a good thing because the wool is a tad itchy. It's very very warm, and perfect for cold winter days. I'm quite proud of this sweater/hoodie because it introduced me to several new techniques: cables, bobbles, pockets, and shaping. The wood buttons came from my mom's stash. Finished Fall '04.

Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers and Headband, both from Stitch 'n Bitch. Done in Katia's Mexico (I think). Unfortunately, the yarn is a little on the fuzzy side and all my hard work cabling doesn't quite show through. The are bright and cheery, though. Finished Winter '04.

Knitty's Tempting, made on the cheap with Wool-Ease. Nice, simple pattern. Finished Spring '05.

Spiderweb Capelet from Debbie Stoeller's book Stitch 'n Bitch. Used Katia's Ingenuia in chartreuse. Also sheds like mad, but I love it anyway. I made another one of these in red, with a red ribbon tie, that I'm going to be selling at December's craft fair. Finished Spring '05.

Knitty's Cleo, done using two strands of DK weight cream colored cotton. I did the full back version, and I'm pleased with the results. I've blocked it twice already, though...it has an extreme tendency to curl. Finished Summer '05.

This is another Multidirectional Scarf, done in recycled Sari Silk yarn from Nepal. Finished Summer '05.

The only non-knitted item here...just a simple dress using a pretty bottomweight fabric and some white piping. Finished Summer '05.

Lace Leaf Pullover from Teva Durham's 'Loop-d-Loop,' free in Interweave Knits magazine. I used Sirdar...something...for this sweater, which was really difficult. It knitted up quickly, but the top and bottom were knit in separate pieces which were grafted together using something called the 'kitchener stitch' -- which was the bane of my existence. But I absolutely adore this sweater! Finished Summer '05.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ungh, I'm so jealous of your skills! You've been knitting way less long then I have, but your skills go waaaaaaaaay beyond mine lol. I'm proud of you though, for conquering all thos e techniques! Thank you for sharing. Maybe it'll help kick my behind in gear about trying some new things.
By the way, I absolutely love the Tempting, it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

did you see the new knitty? There's a new version of Tempting out, are you going to try your hand at it?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your stuff! Your Knitty Tempting looks even cooler than theirs.