Monday, February 27, 2006

more graphic design, less craft

The Nittany Knitters website is up! For the most part, anyway. I have three pages to finish, and a few kinks to work out. I will be completely finishing it tomorrow afternoon. It's simple, but I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I'm very proud of the knit stitches border on the left...I've finally learned how to make repeating designs in Photoshop.

Speaking of Photoshop...now that the logo I created has been shown to the appropriate people (i.e. the Movin' On core), I can post it here:


This logo will be on T-shirts, all kinds of publicity materials, and god only knows what else for Penn State's 12-hour farewell concert. Actual musicians from actual bands that people have actually heard of will each be getting a shirt with my logo on it. I am SO proud!

Now my next project is designing T-shirts for the 2006 ARHS Elections Commission....This should be fun. :)

Right now, craft-wise, I've unraveled two complete sweaters that I bought at T2T, I'm working on three sweaters for myself (I know :-P), and some really awesome stuff for my upcoming swap on Craftster. I'm really intimidated by my swap partner's talent, because I've seen some of the stuff she's sent out in past swaps. Therefore, I am giving the 'I heart my craft' swap 110% percent of my creative energy, and I am very pleased with how everything is coming out. Can't wait to post pics!

A craft endeavor that I forgot to post about, because I forgot to take pictures of it, is a scrapbook that I made for the boy for Valentine's Day. Now, usually, I think that sort of thing is a little silly to give a boyfriend. But this one appreciates my crafty side (I know, he is so a keeper!), so I decided to take a chance and do it. Well. Not only was it the most fun thing I've done in a long time, but he did like it! Now I wish I hadn't forgotten to get pictures of it for this blog. Maybe if he's reading this, though, he'll take some and send them to me...*hinthint* :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see the pics! It sounds exciting, and I'm sure you'll do awesome work, you always do