Thursday, June 08, 2006

Apologies...

...for the lack of posts and this plethora of pictures. I have been quite sick in the past few days, and I'm only now starting to feel human again.

First, vacation! I spent a week with my family and the boy at our vacation home up north. It was pure, barefoot bliss. :-D I have all the hallmarks of a vacation well spent: bugbites, sunburn, and some serious bruises from climbing in and out of boats and running around the island. Yippee! Working is so terribly grown-up of me...it's nice to be able to revert to childhood every now and then.

View from the porch.

A double rainbow! (It's faint, on the right)

It simply couldn't have been any more wonderful.

Second, mail! Coming home, I got a ton of swap packages.

Handmade stationery from flirtingwdisaster.

My first package from the Friend of Craftster Swap! Those are some beautiful blue Japanese fabric swatches and a rad crocheted panda.


And finally, three microscope slide pandants, a la catpants. I adore them!

Third, recent purchases!


I'd been coveting this Richard Kaufman print for a while, and I finally broke down and bought myself 2 yards for a really cute halter dress. I'm saving it for my beach trip in August, I think. :)

In one of the towns nearby our vacation home is my favorite yarn store in the world. I went a little nuts this summer...and spent way too much on this yarn (7 balls of Katia's 'idea jeans' in a lovely green colorway).



And I also got a Debbie Bliss Noro book that I'm in love with, and three more Sirdar patterns. A girl can never have too many patterns...

Fourth, an ongoing project! Knitty's Soleil, in a slightly sexier incarnation. Hopefully. :)


The yarn is dark purple cotton/acrylic blend unraveled from a thrift store sweater. Yay for thrift!

Also, family member is recovering well from surgery. :-D Big sigh of relief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! The two rainbows...I've never seen anything like it.

I'm glad you're feeling better, hope you get well soon though.

I can't wait to see how the projects work out. And no, a girl can have neither too many patterns, nor too much yarn/fabric ^_~